Dolly Parton gave an update on her recent health condition.
The country legend’s Dollywood was set to launch its new roller coaster ride on August 14, but she didn’t attend the ceremony as she has been dealing with health problems for a while.
However, the singer-songwriter was seen in a pre-recorded video at the event and revealed the reason behind her absence, saying, “I’ve told you before, all my fans, that I’ve had a few little health issues and sometimes I get a little dizzy and I get dehydrated. And I’m dehydrated.”
She continued, “So my Nashville doctor has kind of clipped my wings, saying, ‘You ain’t traveling this week.’ So I guess if your doctor tells you, ‘You ain’t traveling this week,’ you ain’t traveling this week.”
A few months earlier in May 2026, Dolly was scheduled to perform a Las Vegas concert series, but the Dollywood founder had some health-related issues, which eventually led to the postponement and cancellation of her Las Vegas residency.
After that, the singer posted an Instagram video in which she gave a health update to her fans, saying, “I have some good news and a little bad news. But the good news is I’m responding really well to meds and treatments, and I’m improving every day.”
Adding, “Now, the bad news is that it’s gonna take me a little while before I’m up to stage performance level because some of the meds and treatments make me a little swimmy-headed, as my grandma used to say.”
“A lot of you have been concerned about me and Carl, and you were so great about that. But after going through a year of firsts, I mean the holidays, and especially our wedding anniversary, and the date of his death, March. 3, that was hard for me.”
“But I will always love him, and I will always miss him, but you would be surprised at how much your love and concern meant to me during that time,” she further said in the video.
It is pertinent to mention that the 80-year-old icon has been dealing with kidney stone, digestive, and immune system-related problems for the past few years.

